Dear Southwest & Pacific Chapter,
Can you believe it? It’s 2020!
I am thankful for the opportunity and excited to serve as your 2020 President for the PCMA Southwest & Pacific Chapter.
A few years ago, I was sitting in the audience at PCMA Convening Leaders and thought to myself, “I love this conference, this industry, and it’s time to get more involved with PCMA.” I took baby steps in the beginning, helping with the membership committee, assisting in setting up local networking events, and each year I got a little more involved. Fast forward a few years, and I am looking forward to leading the Chapter as your new President – it is both an honor and a privilege.
PCMA has proven to be a community where I can benefit both professionally and personally:
- Network with Industry Peers
- See old Friends / Meet new Friends / Build Relationships
- Receive Education about our Industry
- Attend Convening Leaders & EduCon which allows me to explore a new city each time
- Be a part of a committee and make lasting friendships
- And yes – I get to go to awesome concerts like Maroon 5 and see Condoleezza Rice speak at general session!
We’ve had some amazing leadership over the past few years which has set a great foundation for our Chapter. Most recently, Kevin Boland, Hotel Manager of The Palace Hotel (2018 President) and Jenna Richardson, Make-A-Wish Foundation (2019 President) helped build an awesome board and volunteer committee, brought new and creative ideas for programming, engaged social media, and implemented positive internal processes to enhance our Chapter. A big Thank You to Kevin and Jenna!
Looking ahead, we will expand on this foundation, implement the programs that have been successful and roll them out to as many of our regions as possible. Since I was on the hotel supplier side for 17 years before switching over to be a Meeting Planner Consultant 4 years ago, I hope to be able to represent both the supplier and planner perspective when assisting with planning/organizing Chapter events.
When you receive a Chapter email, please be sure to scroll down and look at all the events being offered. We have a large territory and hope that you will find an event of interest in your area.
2020 Regional Events: Be on the lookout for the dates and locations in your Region.
- Quarterly Networking / Happy Hour Events – designed to be on a flow, stop by at any time to network with your industry peers
- Lessons in Leadership Luncheons – intimate luncheons with Leaders (CEO’s, Chefs, etc..) from your Region (limited to about 15 people)
2020 Chapter Events:
- Chapter Reception at Convening Leaders – we had a great turnout at the iconic Pied Piper!
- Experimental Educational Event
- GMID SoCal Day with MPISCC, SITE SoCal is set for Thu, April 2
- Industry Icon Award (IIA) – held at IMEX
None of this can be accomplished without our wonderful Board Members and Volunteers. We’ve got a great group and if you would like to know more about how you can get involved, whether that is joining a committee or helping at a regional event, please shoot an email to me and/or anyone else on the board. See your 2020 Board.
On behalf of the PCMA Southwest & Pacific Board, we are looking forward to a great 2020!
Luci Whiteman, 2020 Southwest & Pacific Chapter President
Senior Director of Global Accounts
PREMIER EVENT RESOURCES